Primary Metals Manufacturing
Innovative Technology Based in Stewardship
Not all battery metal recycling processes are inherently beneficial to the environment. Some conventional methods of recycling battery metals, like pyrometallurgy, emit large amounts of greenhouse gasses and may not fully recover the metals to an equivalent grade of the original battery product. It is more commonly understood that current battery metal mining practices result in the emission of large amounts of greenhouse gases, criteria pollutants like carbon monoxide, and contaminated water and soil. However, with innovative processing technology, lithium primary extraction can be less impactful and contribute to a more sustainable battery metal supply chain.
ABTC’s in-house developed systems, including our recycling system and our primary battery metals extraction processes, have the ability to recover and purify battery metals to the same quality needed to sell them directly back into the battery manufacturing supply chain.
Our In-House, Pioneered Recycling Process
- Separates and recovers critical materials from end-of-life batteries and eliminates waste from the battery recycling process and conserves natural resources.
- Utilizes a two part process which includes automated mechanical, demanufacturing process and an advanced hydrometallurgy chemical process.
- Excludes the need for a heat-based operation. Heat-based (pyro) processes, used by numerous companies, emit various greenhouse gases to extract critical metals.
- Uses a self-contained water treatment process. At the end of the process, water will be cleaner than when it enters the facility.
- Is highly streamlined and efficient with potential to process materials in less than three hours.
- Has recovery rates of greater than 90%.
- Captures battery grade, cathode material with no degradation.
Our First-Of-Kind, In-House Primary Extraction Process
- Separates and recovers critical materials, including lithium, nickel and cobalt, from primary resources utilizing a novel process that conserves natural resources.
- Utilizes a selective leaching process for the low-cost extraction of lithium from claystone sedimentary resources which allows for significantly lower consumption of acid, lower levels of contaminants in the generated leach liquor, and lower overall costs of production.
ABTC is leading the way as a champion for responsible, sustainable new mining practices.
ABTC’s advantage is an environmentally-sustainable process that does not adversely affect local communities or ecosystems.